To answer “How did you spend your yesterday?” in an interview, it is important to focus on activities that are relevant to the job you are applying for. Here are some tips for how to answer:
- Start by stating what you did yesterday. For example, “Yesterday, I spent most of the day working on a project for my current job.”
- Explain what the project entailed and how you contributed to it. For example, “I was working on a marketing campaign for a new product launch. I researched potential target audiences and helped to develop the messaging and content for the campaign.”
- Emphasize any skills or experiences that are relevant to the job you are applying for. For example, “This project required strong communication skills, as I had to collaborate with a team and present my ideas to my supervisor. It also required attention to detail, as I had to ensure that all of the marketing materials were accurate and consistent.”
- If you did not spend the previous day working, it is still important to highlight any relevant experiences or skills. For example, “Yesterday, I spent the day volunteering at a local food bank. This required strong organizational skills, as I helped to sort and distribute donations. It also required the ability to work with a team and follow directions.”
- Keep your answer concise and focused, and avoid discussing personal or unrelated activities. The interviewer is looking to see how your past experiences and skills align with the job you are applying for.
Here is a sample answer to the question “How did you spend your yesterday?”:
Yesterday, I spent the majority of the day working on a project for my current job. I was responsible for developing a social media strategy for a new product launch. This involved researching potential target audiences, creating content for social media platforms, and collaborating with the design team to create promotional graphics. This project required strong communication skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to work independently and meet deadlines. In the evening, I also attended a networking event for young professionals in my industry, which allowed me to connect with potential colleagues and learn about new trends and opportunities in the field.